I chose that title because I always liked it on livejournal. It means kind of undescribable, which I like. I suppose I could describe my current mood if I wanted to, but I’m not sure I have that kind of time.
I now have two works in progress and I have also officially begun revisions for my agent on The Rat Queen. I’m excited about them and scared (which is normal for me at this stage.) So far, I’m still in the thinking and reading and putting together the pieces in a new way stage. But I think I can get it done quick and keep working on the wips too, which is crazy.
I also want to get into the fanfic scene again. It’s been on my mind quite a bit. It’s hard, when I feel like I’m not doing enough on my real work, but it’s also deffo writing for pleasure and I think that’s good for me.
And I’m thinking about writing for contests or submitting to magazines or journals. It’s a totally new idea, but I’m ready to try something new – something to keep myself busy and keep writing.
I had the big goal for three years – to get an agent. And now that I have a fabulous one, my goals have been a little more muddled. I wanted to be published. But that’s kind of out of my hands. I have to write, and produce sellable work. But then it’s my agent’s job. But if I have other goals maybe that will help me keep the wind in my sails.
- I’d like to be an SCBWI PAL member. Our local group invites me to PAL events because they say I’m so close, but I want to be legit. If I could get published in a children’s magazine, I’d have that status. That would be cool.
- I’d like to have 100 fanfics. I was well on my way when I got sidetracked. I can still reach that goal. Who cares if the fandom has dwindled and people won’t read it? A few will. And I can enjoy the stories myself, too.
- I’d like to be in some kind of literary journal or magazine. I can research those and see if I can work up something to submit. I know I can write short stories because of the fanfic. I just need to do it with original characters. I can do that.
- I also want to finish my two works in progress and start on Hunting Down Dylan. I think that one’s going to be cool.
- I’d like to look into other writing groups and see if it would help or hinder me to join others. I don’t want to be so into other groups that I lose my focus on writing or on SCBWI, but I think that it’s possible that being in more groups would encourage me. Plus I could have more stuff on my affiliates page, which I would like.
- I also want a writing area. Having my office was fabulous and I will probably have it back at some point, but it’s hard being productive without me. Maybe I could move to the cellar. Okay, not really. There’s no electricity. And it’s damp. But there’s no distractions except for the occasional lizard…
Okay, so that’s what I got going on right now. I’m going to go take a walk with the fam and then I’m going to get back to working on The Rat Queen because I am a legit writer.